Last night, we had the privilege to dj at last night's Japanese American National Museum's (JANM) Summer Night Concert. The night was AMAZING, one of those perfect evenings full of positivity, community, food, and art. The concert featured performances from Magnetic North + Taiyo Na, Marie Digby, Priska, & DANakaDAN.
Nothing is more rewarding than being to play an entire set of music made by Asian Americans. Lots of folks came up to the dj booth asking for names of songs. So here it is, the playlist, in no particular order.
1. spazzkid - Truly (feat. Sarah Bonito)
2. Emi Meyer - 約束
3. "Charlie" Chin, Chris Kando Iijima & Joanne Nobuko Miyamoto - Yellow Pearl
4. Kishi Bashi - It All Began With a Burst
5. Mr. Carmack - Pay For What
6. Anderson .Paak - Blackbird
7. Young Rising Sons - High
8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
9. Keith Ape - It G Ma ft. JayAllday, Dumbfoundead, Loota, Okasian, Kohh (Traktivist edit)
10. J. Han - Tired
11. The Bar - Barkada
12. Latryrx - Lady Don't Tek No
13. Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven (Major Lazer Remix)
14. Häzel x Joanna - Sun come in
15. AJ Rafael - We Could Happen
16. Clara C - Offbeat
17. theWHOevers - "Fantastic(RENO)"
18. Rihanna, Kanye, McCartney - FourFiveSeconds - (David Choi, Kina Grannis, Imaginary Future Cover)
19. Ann One - Say Yes (SESSIONS AT ST5A Ep. 1)
20. The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (Henry Fong x NYMZ Remix)
21. Yultron - Milk Was A Bad Choice
22. edIT - Battling Go-Go Yubari In Downtown L.A.
23. Kero One - Check The Blueprints [Japan Only 12inch Remix]
24. TOKiMONSTA - The Center
25. Scott Bradlee - Drunk in Love - Vintage Big Band / Swing Beyonce Cover ft. Cristina Gatti
Summer has finally arrived! To celebrate the return of our favorite season, we’ve sifted through our TRAKTIVIST archives and created a playlist, in partnership with the Center For Asian American Media, of songs made by Asian Americans such as Far East Movement, Travie McCoy, Yultron, Emi Meyer, Julie Plug, Magnetic North, and more! Here are 10 songs that will have you grooving all summer long while relishing the warmth of the sun.